Public Relations/Social Media Paid Intern
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Immediately
Freebord Mfg. is looking to hire a full time intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape as well as great customer service skills. The intern who fills this position should have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
This position is responsible for developing the voice and online presence of Freebord Mfg., in addition to overseeing content generation and development relating to inbound and outbound initiatives. The position also works closely with other departments to ensure consistency of messages, and continuously monitors coverage and reports the effectiveness of all social media channels using tested methods.
With customers all over the world, excellent customer service is crucial to our business. We are looking for someone with the technical skill to understand the complex processes associated with our operations, the attention to detail to execute daily tasks and the ever-so-important knack for putting a smile on the face of the people he or she interacts with over the phone.
• Write press releases and other materials
• Create or update databases
• Greet guests and customers
• Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
• Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and more.
• Answer client support questions by phone and email
• Seek and secure opportunities for TV and news coverage.
• Manage client relationships.
• Create online media kits, develop target media lists and implement media outreach strategies.
• Make initial responses to inquiries, complaints, comments and other contacts generated through social media and coordinate escalations or further communications.
• Monitor new trends in social media and digital communications.
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
To apply send resume and cover letter to Justin@freebord.com